Friday, December 12, 2008

My Christmas Tree

I've noticed this week that several bloggers are posting pictures of their decorated Christmas trees. They range from the tiny to the gargantuan. From the ornate and elegant to the homey and folksy. After my series of posts about our weekend o' holiday fun, I figured I'd better get on the ball and show you the results of our labors. We moved the tree into our (as yet unfinished) front living room, to minimize the number of times a day I'd have to instruct Li'l Empress to "look but don't touch!" Here is our tree in all it's fullness and glory. As you can see, our tree leans toward the kitschy and folksy end of the spectrum. Pretty much a folk-art masterpiece, in my humble opinion.



If you look closely, you'll see our Christmas Angel atop the tree. That beautiful angel has a story all her own. One that I have been working on in my head. One that you'll have to tune in soon for - getting it from my head, out my fingertips, and onto the computer screen takes more time than Li'l Empress has been affording me this week.

Excuse the appalling lack of a tree skirt. When we unpacked this weekend, we noticed that the skirt has a large tear in the hem. It really needs to be mended before Maggie kitty picks at it and permanently ruins it. Again, time has been tight this week. I'm planning to fix it tonight while I watch Numbers and The Boss sleeps next to me on the couch! (Yes, just about the perfect Friday night, don't ya think?!)

No comments: