Friday, December 12, 2008

A Beautiful Letter

You really must head over to Mary Beth Chapman's blog today. She has only blogged a few times since the passing of her precious daughter, Maria. This particular post is beautiful, raw, and very real. I have been a long-time fan of hers, watching the way she ministered to her family behind the scenes over the years. My respect for her grew tremendously when she spoke openly about her struggles with depression and the healing journey the Lord has had her on.

Today, I am especially grateful for her candidness and vulnerability. This a morning I've been struggling and praying through a particularly difficult issue in my heart. I found a quiet moment in the chaos of my morning to sneak into my Blog Reader and this post was waiting for me. Just what I needed. To gain some perspective. To get my focus off myself. To remember to choose gratitude and joy. To be reminded that no matter how hard things may be, or are, I have much to be thankful for. This woman has suffered a loss that can, and has, crippled many a Christian. Yet she chooses joy. Sometimes minute to minute. But she chooses it. She's a hero of the faith to me.

It's what I needed today.

No comments: