Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blessed Be The Name Of The LORD!

There's a series of posts that you really must read. Steven Curtis Chapman, his sons, and band played their first concert last night. Their first concert since the Lord brought little Maria home to Heaven, that is. His manager, Jim Houser, is a godly servant-hearted prayer warrior who writes a blog about the ministry of the Chapman family. He has posted several snapshots and comments throughout the concert. (I do not know him personally, but I've been reading his blog a while and this description is what comes through loud and clear.)

Start with Soundcheck in WI and read through them all. They are quick reads, but the impact will knock you on your butt. Spiritually speaking. All I could think, over and over last night and this morning as I was reading these posts, was that the enemy will gain no ground over this family's great tragedy. That they have been surrounded and supported and carried by spiritual forces far greater than most of us ever have to rely upon. And they have come through it singing the praises of their Great and Mighty God.

Head over there now and be blessed. He IS there. He IS worthy of all our praise. He WILL be lifted high among the nations!

Psalm 40: 1-5
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.