Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No New Word

Taken from the email I sent to our family:

There's no new word - the soonest we'd have heard (IF we hear anything at this point) was this afternoon. But at this point it looks like the computer glitch was maybe God's way of saying this is not Aidan. We don't really know what else to think. Monday afternoon was hard, very sad and frustrating to be so happy in the a.m. and then so sad so quickly on the heels of that. We're doing okay generally. At this point, we are concerned that this little girl find a family that will love her as much as we we were beginning to.

I've turned my prayers to interceding that she be placed in a home where she'll learn about Jesus, and learn how to love and be loved in a family. That she'll early in her little life feel a burning need to find Him. If I'm not the Mommy that will lead her on that path, you can bet I'm praying for the right one to do that. It's helped us all to turn our prayers to covering her while she is "in limbo" in the system.

We've not posted sooner cuz we've been processing it and praying - with no real word from the agency we didn't really know what else there was to say. Psalms 16 and 18 and 31 have been on all of our hearts. For ourselves and for this child.


Thank you for your prayers on our behalf. We appreciate the support and love more than you can know.

8 comments:

Beverly said...

Praying for your family and that sweet little girl. God knows the plan for her life - we can be confident that she is not lost to Him.

Beverly@Happy In The MOMent!

Promises said...

I have been praying for you, your family and the little girl a lot. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you as you once again turn this little gal and your Aidan into His hands. I can't tell you the # of times I "reminded" God that he is the "father to the fatherless" and I'm counting on Him to parent my baby while I wait for her!! Once she came home, I was amazed at how he did such a great job of having her taken care of while I waited. Your prayers will not return void! ~ Vonda

Bobby and Regina said...

Tracy,

I do know how you are feeling since we went through something somewhat similar with getting Emma - you followed our journey even back then, so you know the whole story. We are praying with you that God's will is done, that if she is yours, you will know very soon, and that if not, as you are praying, we too will be that she be with a Christian family that will tell her of the most wonderful love of all, that of being adopted into God's family - in that family, we are all together, so will one day meet, no matter what happens right here, right now - have faith, and know that your prayers will be answered. Love, Regina

Salzwedel Family said...

When we first started this journey we prayed so hard for a little girl named Ella. We prayed & prayed that she would be ours, but that was not God's plan. It was HARD to take. I had to believe that she needed us to cover her in prayer for a time & that was an important role for us to play. Now we have Anchise & couldn't love her more. I almost feel foolish at times not trusting that God knew all along who our daughter was.

He does have a plan for your family. He is in control. Your Aidan will come to your family via God's precious hand. Keep the faith...I'm praying for your hearts.

Anonymous said...

I ache with ya...but will continue to pray. I can see in my mind you walking hand in hand with Aidan someday... He will keep His promise.

Much love and hugs,
AMS

heidi @ ggip said...

Oh my! Words fail me. I said a prayer for you, your family, and the little girl.

Chapter Two said...

I am praying!