Monday, August 1, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Late Thursday night, Shaggy and Dr. D were helping me unload groceries and put things away after what was supposed to be a fairly "light" trip to my local G!@nt. Ha. What exactly IS a "light trip?"

I was crowing about some of the big bargains I'd scored, as explanation for the larger-than-anticipated stock up I'd brought home.

Shaggy said to me, "You don't need to tell me everything that you got on massive sale with coupons and bonus buys. We pretty much assume that if it is laying around the house in large quantities, it was on sale."

"But, but..." I blustered through my laughter. My son knows me well.

But it's what he said next that JUST.CRACKED.ME.UP.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think kids were on sale at G!@nt."

Really. I don't know where these kids come up with this stuff.  Between Shaggy, Dr. D, and Li'l Empress, I swear I should have the flattest abs in town. It's a laugh a minute around here.

And really?!  FIVE seems like "large quantities?"  Seriously. I wonder about that kid.

What's he gonna do when Mei-Mei comes home to join the fun?

No comments: