Friday, January 29, 2010

Pink and White Watch Dog

It's frigid here. The HIGH for the day is supposed to get to 29. But with the wind chills, it's likely not going to feel warmer than the mid-teens. So I'm hunkered in, cuppa' joe in hand, and I've decided to sort through some old family videos from this past year.

When I say sort, I really mean that I'm watching them, misty-eyed and "gaaaaahing" over how much my Gang has grown up in the 16 months since Li'l Empress has come home. I live my normal life in "Sap-ville" but this morning, the sticky, gooey sweet sentimentality is ooozing everywhere. My goodness, could these kids o' mine get ANY cuter? Any sweeter? Any more wonderful and hilarious? Yeah, I'm super sappy today.

I found this particular gem that I mean to share a few weeks ago and time got away from me. Before you watch it, here's the back-story . . .

Over Christmas, we went to share a couple days with my folks. While we were packing up and organizing the loot of 7 folks, Li'l Empress was apparently unpacking behind our backs. She has this favorite little toy, appropriately named "Doggy." We didn't discover his absence from our travel bags until we had arrived home. We put a call in to my folks, asking them to be on the look-out for Doggy. I reminded them about her propensity for putting things INSIDE of things and waited to hear from them. He was found the next day and Grandpa promised to get him packaged and sent home soon.

I guess she was particularly concerned that Grandma and Grandpa would have no one to keep an eagle-eye on the yummy Christmas treats. Because they found Doggy in the snack cabinet. Perched in a watch-dog stance over the boxes of Christmas cookies and snack crackers. Smart girl! She knew that in her absence, Grandpa might eat all the treats we left behind! :)

So, here's a clip of Doggy's arrival home. Back where he belongs.




"Dee Doo, Boppa and Momma!"
We love you!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

So adorable!

Shirlee McCoy said...

Thanks for your comment at NHBO. And that was exactly the point of the post. :0)

Salzwedel Family said...

It says the video is not available :(

a Tonggu Momma said...

I didn't get to watch the video and now I'm extremely curious because the Tongginator has a "doggy" that is ALSO pink and white. Could it be the same one?

Cindi Campbell said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. She is adorable .

Salzwedel Family said...

Awwww...I'm glad I got to see it!