Friday, January 22, 2010

Johnny Appleseed in the House!

This morning, I got to peek in on history. Johnny Appleseed came to visit the second grade and tell his story. It was delightful, and the chorus of Johnny's "brothers and sisters" did an exceptional job of moving the story along. I freely admit, I'm a tad biased when it comes to my opinion of the amazing chorus of siblings . . .

Here's one of Johnny's well-dressed and oh, so handsome brothers. With his Appleseed sister, and best bud, V.


Here's the momma bear whose rest was disturbed when Johnny was looking for a place to rest his weary, itchy feet. (By the way, isn't that just the cutest way to describe Johnny Appleseed's quest for adventure? "Itchy feet!")


And here is the cutest of the Appleseed brothers, loving on his Li'l Empress, who just HAD to get in on the camera action.

"Take pichoo, Mommy."
Take pichoo, indeed.

4 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

Definitely have to take a picture when they ask so sweetly!!!!

Too much fun!!! Thanks for letting us in on the history lesson!!!

Tricia said...

Very Handsome indeed!! It looks like you had a wonderful morning!!! Will you be going to the Living Hope Chinese New Year celebration?
Tricia

Anonymous said...

My how she has grown!!!
On another note, It is lunchtime here and I am starving. In comes this wonderful smell of (baked?) chicken. I mean, really, really wonderful. I follow the trail which led to the Boss' office where I was immediately slapped in the face with the aroma of a gourmet meal of baked chicken and sweet potatoes etc. May I please have the recipe...

Nightingale said...

I received your lovely comment on my blog.......how wonderful to meet another Xi'an family!! We are so excited to meet our precious boy - gotcha day is Janury 31st!!!!

I loved looking at the photos of your little girl - she is adorable!!