Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Last week I mentioned that I got some free flowers from my neighbors. The Boss transplanted them and I prayed over them, hoping that they would survive and not suffer root shock. (Yes, I pray over my plants!) I love fresh flowers and the early pops of color that have appeared bring such excitement and joy to my spirit. I never, ever pictured myself a gardener, and believe me, The Boss does the brunt of the dirty work. But I also never, ever knew what simple pleasure a growing, blooming garden could bring to one's soul. I am completely and totally smitten with my garden. There's some deep stuff brewing in my heart today, as I'm watching these babies take root. I have to work it out in my head before I say more. Until then, I give you my gardens!

On Easter Sunday (on the left)
And Today (on the right)















We didn't transplant these lilacs on Easter Sunday, but I took pictures of them anyway. They were the first plants we bought when we re-landscaped the front gardens, three years ago this month. I've been nurturing and praying over these little guys. And today, I noticed COLOR in the heart of the green leaf buds!














My little lilac bush has baby blooms,
there in the center of the green leaf buds.
Can you see them?!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I gave up trying to grow Lilac bushes..I think our soil is bad....but I have Butterfly bushes and I LOVE those!!!

Livin' Life said...

I am so excited for Spring and my flowers to emerge. I am a gardener at heart too.