I'm working on a post about adoption. I'm hoping it will be series of answers to some big questions I've been getting from friends and acquaintances in recent months. I'd like some of you to weigh in on the topics. Please leave a comment with your thoughts to some of (or all of!) the questions below. Feel free to add your own questions, as I'm fairly certain that these few are NOT enough to get us started!
- How do I know if adoption is right for me?
- Why should I adopt?
- How do I choose what path of adoption is right for me and my family?
- Where can I go to learn more about adoption?
- How do I talk to my family (my spouse, my kids, etc.) about my interest in adoption?
- What do I look for in an agency? Do I even need an agency?
- What questions should I be asking to help me start the process of readying my heart and my home for an adoption?
This post (or series of posts) will be BY NO MEANS exhaustive. Or even authoritative. Rather, I'm seeking to answer from my experiences, to share the resources I've encountered, and to utilize the community of adoption-built families in a way that helps those who are seriously inquiring. I'm looking to put together some ideas, anecdotes from real life, and starting points for the folks who come to me with interest. I doubt that everything I know will be ENOUGH for these folks, so I'd like to hear from you.
One of my favorite things to do is to network folks with resources and with other people who can be meaningful in their life journey. If you are interested in adoption, then this coming post might be for you. If you enjoy sharing what you have experienced or helping folks connect with resources and information, then this post might be for you. If you have done this process called adoption, even once, then this post I'm brewing up might be for you.
Come on, share away. Ask me anything. Tell me your story. Share your tips and tricks and secrets. I'm anxious to hear from YOU!