Monday, July 25, 2011

Sharing a "Must Read"

I'm easing myself back into the daily routine around here. Our vacation this year was part travel and part "stay-cation." And today, it's back to the regular summer schedule of band camp, football camp, laundry, part-time taxi duties and all.

While I was "stay-cationing" I caught myself up on some reading and some resources I've been trying to get to. I'm hoping to share them with you in the coming days. But this post jumped straight to the top of the list when I read it. This is a "must read" and I'm hoping that you will not just stop there. Share it on with your friends. With your family.

Not only is it written so kindly and practically, it is also getting to a deeper truth that I believe can be applied to many, many circumstances beyond a response to the announcement of someone's adoption. To me, the most valuable piece of information in the whole post is the recurring theme of simple encouragement and intentional caution or gentleness with our word choice.

Great post, Kelly! Thanks so much for the opportunity to share it with others, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So humbled. Thank you for reading and for the encouragement to me! I hope the post speaks to some people and helps them to respond to families a bit more sensitively than they maybe would have.