Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I SOOOOOOOO Want to Win This One!

I love this book. I loved it when I was little. I loved it when my boys were little. I love it still. I am amazed by the illustrations - monsters and other imaginary creatures who aren't scary in the least. I'm thrilled by the creative mind of little Max. I am captivated by the sweet innocence and childish antics of the monsters. I sigh with contentment each and every time I turn the last page and close the book.

In fact, I love it so much that when the boys were little, I snuck it into their library bags whenever I could find it on the shelves. Even if we had just read it last month together. I just confessed to them this week when we were watching the trailer. I think they finally understand why they could recite it in their sleep by the time they were each 4 or 5.

(They still don't know that the reason we watched the Maurice Sendak PBS show
- I think it was called 7 Little Monsters -
almost every week was because I was so in love with those monsters.
Smart Momma, she just named them 1, 2, 3 and so on.
I'll bet she saved tons in baby name books.
Yes, I made my little ones sit with me through
countless half-hour episodes of PBS for a show about monsters.
What can I say? If it was wrong, I don't wanna be right.)

:)

Shockingly enough, we've never owned our own copy of the book. That all could change. With this contest.

Head over and join the fun. Whether I win or not, I see a family movie night in The Gang's near future!

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

We adore this book at our house! Just a heads up about the movie, though. We have yet to see it, but a friend took her family and she said it's pretty scary for the younger ones. One of the Wild Things tears another Wild Thing in half or something. I haven't seen the movie yet, but just a word of warning to check out the movie reviews. The book is wonderful for young children, but the movie... maybe not?