Thursday, December 6, 2007

Not What I Promised You!

I'm not done decorating yet. Who am I kidding?! I haven't even started yet! So I'll post promised pics of the extravaganza soon . . . And I really do want to share with you some stuff I'm brewing over in my heart and mind from my Pastor Brother-In-Law's most recent sermon, but I'm way too frazzled and pressed for time right now to logically process it for you. So I'll post that one soon too. Instead, I found this meme while I was wasting time last night after the kids went to bed (I should have been sleeping, to prep for the frazzled rushed pace I've had to keep today!). It looked kinda fun, so if you try it out, let me know to read your version. Enjoy and I'll see ya around for Favorites Friday . . . . Christmas themed for sure!

A Christmas Meme About Me!

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like a combination of both!
  2. Real tree or artificial? Whenever possible, REAL – really tall, really fat and really fresh.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Usually by the 10th of December.
  4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in the first week of January.
  5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE it!
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? A hardback copy of Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.
  7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple.
  8. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws – they buy themselves the good ideas before I can shop for them.
  9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids and my nieces.
  10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? mmmm, I'll plead the 5th on this one.
  11. Mail or email Christmas cards? When I do them? Mail.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The remake of Miracle on 34th Street and A Charlie Brown Christmas.
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually in September, done by November. This year? Not even one gift purchased yet! AAAAAACK.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, a long time ago when we were poor newlyweds with too many of one certain wedding gift!
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Yes!
  16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Tiny white lights.
  17. Favorite Christmas song? TRUTH’s version of A King Is Born; The Royal Guardsmen’s Snoopy and Red Baron Christmas song, anything by Amy Grant – particularly her 1st Christmas album.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We alternate between my folks and The Boss’s folks but we try to do Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at home first.
  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Ummmm? Yes, of course I can!
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A beautiful white angel that my sister made for me the Christmas before I got married. She wanted me to have a meaningful topper for my first Christmas the next year. I love it!
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Period.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The pace, the traffic, the grouchy people who want to be PC, the grouchy people who despise those who are PC.
  23. What I love most about Christmas? Baking, lots of company, spending time with my family, Christmas music all day long.

7 comments:

Promises said...

I decided to do this. I have not posted in a while, and this was something that seemed somewhat easy and fun - thanks! I enjoyed reading yours!

Melissa said...

I love that your sister made you an angel for your tree! That is so sweet and so thoughtful!

This was fun to read!

Carol said...

Wow I'm reading your list and realizing we have a lot in common!! lol!!

heidi @ ggip said...

Great answers! This one made me laugh: "Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws – they buy themselves the good ideas before I can shop for them."

Hands-Free Heart said...

Thanks for doing this. It was fun to read yours, and I copied it to do myself. Just got it done.

Anonymous said...

I love your favorite thing to eat answer! YES! I am with you on that one. :)

CampHillGirl said...

This was a great meme. I may do it, if I can forget about everything else I need to do for a while.