Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Please Pray!


Late Tuesday afternoon, we found out that approval of our I800 request is being withheld pending production of evidence - basically there's some "missing documentation" that belongs in our packet. Because Shaggy is now 18, we are required to submit additional documentation specific to him (known as a Supplement 3). That slipped through the cracks in our paperwork tracking and now our social worker is working quickly to rectify the paperwork part of the issue. We are praying for favor with the logistics of her connecting with Shaggy quickly given the time difference, as well as spotty internet and phone access.

However, the bigger issue is that once that documentation is submitted, he needs to get fingerprinted in a US government office. We are working to figure out where in Cambodia that might be and IF or HOW he might be able to get there from his (very remote) YWAM base. We are praying for clear answers and quick access to whatever location is appropriate and can handle the request. We are also praying for favor with the officer assigned to our case in the US Citizenship and Immigration offices. She's so far been amenable to our agency's suggestions and we are so grateful to the Lord for her willingness to work it out quickly.

Both of these issues combined now bring an almost "automatic" and additional delay of at least two weeks because of the necessary processing. But it's looking more like it could be 6 weeks of processing delays. That's in view of the issues of getting information back and forth between us, Shaggy, our agency and our assigned officer at USCIS. Plus there is the issue of the logistics for Shaggy signing paperwork, receiving the documentation AND arranging transportation to walk into the right embassy offices. We are praying for favor and for expedited processing.

We are asking God's intervention in it all.

Further updates with more specifics will be coming later today.

10 comments:

Aus said...

Prayers guys - kind of had a feeling it was this...wish I had a quick fix for y'all!

hugs - and prayers loud and long!

aus and co.

Caytie said...

I'm so sorry. I know this must be devastating. Praying for a miracle and for your heart.

Beverly said...

Our God is Big!! He can handle it...praying for your peace through all of this!!!

Nicole Renée said...

Oh Tracy, I am so sorry to read this. I'm praying that it's only a delay of two weeks and not any longer. Our Article 5 was delayed by two weeks (so it took a month) and the extra waiting was terrible. Oh I know how your heart is feeling, on top of trying to figure out how to make everything work to get your son fingerprinted. I'm so, so sorry! Hugs to you my sweet friend!

Jenn said...

Praying that everything is resolved quickly!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry - I know this has to be nearly all consuming right now. Praying for a quick resolution and that you would supernaturally be consumed with peace and praise today instead.

Unknown said...

Praying, Sis!

Cindy said...

Just curious as this almost happened to us but as long as our son didn't live w/ us he didn't have to be included or get fingerprinted, is this your situation too? Rules may have changed since then. Praying it all works out easily and quickly for you. Keep the faith! Your gal is precious, congrats!

allisonp said...

Praying for you Tracy! I'm sooo sorry!!!

Leslie said...

I am so sorry T! Oh no. I am really shocked no one at your agency told you about this? I remember reading about Shaggy's 18th, but I just assumed this was done. You could have gotten anytime after he turned 17.

I know coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't help now, so I will promise to pray. This can be in done in days not weeks if everything lines up just right ... and God is able to do all of that.

I am so sorry again. I just know nothing I say is going to help, but I am so sorry.