Friday, October 26, 2012

Ummm, Let Me Think About That

Recently, we've been doing some re-arranging and cleaning up around here. As part of that project, Li'l Empress and I moved all her "teeeeeny tiny" toys with itty bitty parts into specially marked bins on her closet shelf. She was so! excited! to have her toys in bins just! like! Sissy's! and to have her "stuff" in her room. After babysitting last year for Li'l Guy and Li'l Gal, it was kind of fun to re-arrange and clear the family room of the toys and bins for a season. I know I'll be glad to drag it all back out when Mei Mei comes home, though!

Anyway, the new thing for Li'l Empress has been to play in her room after school or after her quiet/nap time. Yesterday, after a particularly, umm, shall we say, chatty afternoon, Li'l Empress asked me a question.

"Ummmm, Mommy? Mommy? Is it okay if I go up and play in my room with my big girl toys? The ones in my big girl bins? On my shelf? In my closet?" she sputtered out excitedly.

Yes. Really.
She really did use all those words
JUST to ask if she could play in her room.
Heh.

"Ummm, I don't know, Li'l Empress. Let me think about that."

Yeah, right.

"Okay. Sure! I'll call you when Daddy's home."

"Yay! Thanks, Mommy. You are da bestest Mommy ever."

I am, Li'l Empress.
I really am.

2 comments:

Aus said...

Yeah - what Lil E said! ;) Well, maybe 2nd bestest in deference to my bride - but enven steven on that k? ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Amy said...

LOVE when they play nicely in their room.