Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where Have I Been?!

Omigoodnessgracioussakesalive!  Have you SEEN how long it's been since I last posted a blog entry? It's been 11 days. EEEE.LEV.EHN. I think that is quite possibly the longest I've ever gone without a post. I have no idea where the time all went.  In the days since we last spoke (Yes, I know we don't really speak here, but I like to feel like I'm chatting with you all when I'm writing. That okay with you? Good. Moving on...)

In the days since we last spoke, I've attempted a beginning of the year cleaning/purging/organizing that got seriously derailed by, well, life. The cd cabinet did get purged (not nearly enough but it's a start), closets got cleaned and then, well, life happened. I canNOT believe just how much grocery shopping and meal planning I had to do in that first week of the month, just to get us caught back up and on track from the holiday routines! Does anyone else have that problem with their meal planning?  We only had a couple "out of the ordinary" meals and special treats, but somehow I was so off-track with some of that stuff that I was starting almost from scratch.  So I've been cooking. ALOT. We had our first snow day - nothing like a snow day to completely throw a Momma's routine out the window, huh?  Our local church family also began our annual 21-day season of prayer and fasting . . . obviously not a ton of stuff to "DO" with that, but my focus has been different this last week, for sure.

And as of Thursday morning, Shaggy and Dr. D are now 8 wisdom teeth lighter between the two of them. Once they are back on their feet, I think I might be able to resume some of the plans I had for those annoying little drawers and cubbies that I've been ignoring far too long.  So. All that to say that I've been pretty pre-occupied and great blog post ideas would pop into my head when I'd finally fall into bed exhausted at 11 p.m. But we all know once a tired Momma is warm and snug in her bed, it doesn't even matter how great that blog post sounds inside her head. The ZZZZZZ's are calling louder. Oh, the call of the ZZZZ's. The call has been strong these last two weeks, I tell ya.

On a happy note, I'm thrilled to report that the pathology report finally came back on my moles that were removed before Christmas and everything came back clear. I wasn't entirely aware of just how nervous I was about the results until I got that call. The happy tears were a relief to cry.  And, my mother-in-law came through a lumpectomy with great success recently, after several delays due to a nagging infection in her lungs. Finally, one of my favorite guys in the whole world (you met him and his family here) came through a rather unsettling medical crisis with flying colors and God showed Himself strong and faithful even in the face of military procedure and logic.

With all that has gone on here in The Gang's house since that first week of January, I am honestly startled and not just a little dismayed to look at my calendar and note that we are ONLY half way through the LONG.EST. month of the year.  I'll be quite content if we don't have any more snow, or snow days for that matter. But if we do, the fridge and the pantries are finally all re-stocked. The meals are planned. And since The Gang is fasting all sweets, treats, and sugary-snacks together, I don't have to bake at all this month. Which should leave me with plenty of time to get back into the groove of hanging with you all, blogging to my heart's content again.  And aren't you all so glad for that?!

2 comments:

Aus said...

You don't write, you don't call - I.WORRY.SO.MUCH....

OK - giving up the 'mother thing' - glad that ya'll are well and you (and the 'extended family' - that what friends like that are right?) got back such good medical info!

As for not posting - I'm good with that - it's a shame that living get's in the way of life sometimes - but living is what counts - so go play in the snow some more!

hugs - aus and co.

Christie said...

You crack me up sister!