Monday, March 15, 2010

Silent Tears

Kay Bratt is giving away four copies of her soon-to-be-released second edition of Silent Tears. For anyone interested in international adoption, or stories of children who wait for families, or more specifically Chinese orphans, this book is a must read. I've read excerpts here and there and the book has been on my "wish list" for a long time now. I'm even more excited about reading it, now that I know that there are updates to some of the stories of individual children in the new edition.

It's not the easiest read, certainly, but lately I've been trying to challenge myself to read things that aren't easy to digest. Cover to cover, I know this will be one of the hardest books I've read concerning international adoption. But cover to cover, I also know that it's written with the intent to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. That alone makes it worth my time and effort. Head over and check it out for yourself.

No comments: