Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've been called out . . .


Well, here it is, the inaugural posting of my very own blog. I've spent enough time and energy lurking in so many others' sites that I shouldn't be surprised that I've finally taken the leap. But I am. Surprised. And nervous. And excited. And glad that my friend Natalie called me out - and into this crazy new world. Look, Nat - I did it!

I don't know that I'll have enough to add to the blogosphere to make this a venture worth pursuing for anyone but those who lovingly put up with my madness and drama, but here I go! Not that I'm saying, by any stretch of the imagination that I won't have enough to say - I ALWAYS have something to say. But we'll lean on the test of time to see if they are worth your while. Or mine.

In the coming posts, I hope to share with you all some pics and stories about my family. For now, allow me to introduce "The Gang:"

Shaggy is our wonderful, creative, funny and verbose firstborn. He is almost 13 (how on earth could I possibly be the mother of an almost teen-ager?!) and full of joy and passion. He is becoming a leader in many areas of his life and continues to bless us with his growth in the Lord. Now, his growth in other areas? Well, let's just say that a second mortgage for the grocery bill is imminent!

Dr. Doolittle is our resident animal lover, brainiac, and comic relief. His deep brown eyes reflect the compassion of Jesus Christ for the "voice-less" in our world, mainly the animals of the world. His funny facial expressions and mimicry have been known to break tension just when it's needed most. And his speed and skill on the soccer field is completely surprising, given how laid back he usually is.

Ladybug rules the roost as the only daughter in an home full of potty humor and body functions. While she is quite the girly-princess, she can belt out a burp to make her brothers fall over in shock and make Daddy proud. She has a joyful, sweet spirit and is anxious to welcome another sister into the family soon. She wakes up with a smile and falls asleep with a smile, skipping and singing her way through the hours in between.

Baby Blue Eyes is (for now) the baby of the family, loved and cuddled and hugged by all who know him. You just can't help it, he's so stinkin' cute with his toothless (more on that later!) smile and big eyes. He is the glue that holds us together - reminding us very frequently of the importance of stopping for hugs and kisses and time together to just hang out.

The Boss is my college sweetheart, putting up with my steady stream of extreme emotional outbursts (mostly happy!) and constant conversation for over 16 years now. He is a strong, steady leader in our home and in our local church. He is a runner, a consummate do-it-yourselfer, and a servant at heart. He's gotten increasingly more handsome (yes, even sexier!!) as we've aged together and I'm so grateful that his heart is truly grounded and anchored here in our home.

I don't know that I have a good screen name for myself yet, but I'll work on that and get back to ya! The Boss is voting for "Foxy Mama" but I just can't seriously consider that one - he's sooooo biased!

In the meantime, I gotta serve some tacos to the hungry gang. I will be back - and you can count on it!

3 comments:

Say Anything said...

Thrilled that you are here!

Anonymous said...

When the Boss comes to town, I'll have to take him out for a run around the block.

I did my first half marathon last year and will do it again this year.

Krazy Klingers said...

WOW, your family has grown up. I can't believe how big the kids are now. I am so excited to read about your adventures in the techie world. You had me laughing and crying!