Monday, September 15, 2014

Family Day {6}

Six years ago today, in a dusty hot Civil Affairs office in Xi'an,
a beautiful squalling baby girl was handed to me.


Six years ago, my arms finally got to embrace
what my heart had been holding for months.
YEARS, if you really know my story.


Six years ago, this lovely, spunky, sensitive, little firecracker
changed me forever as only the gift of life can change.


I'm so grateful for the gift she is to our home. To our family, immediate and extended. I love the way her little mind works, always thinking, always processing. She's intuitive and inquisitive. She's loving and expansive. She's a treasure and it's such an honor to parent her.

It's a beautiful day for our family to look back and remember. It's even more exciting to hug her tight and revel in the forever that stretches ahead of us. We are blessed. Beyond measure, we are blessed.

No comments: