Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Perfect!

So I've been looking for a while. Knowing what I wanted, digging through retail sites, wasting far too much time on Am@zon and e-b@y trying to find what I knew existed in my head and must SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE exist in real life. I could see it in my mind's eye. I knew it had to be out there and I was determined to find it.

What was it for which I was searching, you ask?
Why, the perfect family ornament, of course.

I was going crazy... crazy enough to start thinking about making my own. Really. Like I have the time or the energy or the resources to start ANOTHER project this month. Heh. Like I have the time to sit and search for hours, googling key word after key word. Oh, whatEVER.

In my defense, I think the 10,000 viewings of Despicable Me
has turned my logic skills to mush this month.
In my defense of the said 10,000 viewings,
it's the only thing that distracts Mei Mei completely
and totally from her pain and activity limitations.
There. I feel better. All those disclaimers and explanations....
Apparently, sleep deprivation messes with my ability to be succinct, too.

I slapped myself out of my delirium and put the word out to my very-connected F@cebook friends.Yes, I harnessed the power of social media for my own gain. Dude. I'm so 2013.

I knew it had to be something like this one, which I found the year after Li'l Empress came home. You know, back when we thought (ha!) we might be done building up our gang's population. I do love it. After all, it is perfect for our folk-art style decor but it's dated wrongly (she came home in 2008 and it's dated 2009). But it had to be different. And again, so far that different existed in my head but I was looking for it in "hard copy."


So, on the advice of several of those friends,
I turned to Etsy. I mean really. What CAN'T you find at Etsy?

Just a few clicks is all it took. A link here and a link there.

I found it. It's perfect. And I love it.

This is The Gang's un-officially official Forever Family ornament.


2013. The year that The Gang is {finally} all here. Home. Forever.

The Gang's All Here. And it's literally "set in stone."


And I love it.

If you like it, go check out Rosi's Place.
Tell her The Gang's Momma sent you. Check out all the beautiful stone work.
I'm certain you will find at least one or two things you will love.

Why don't you head over there now and look.
Come on back and leave me a comment about your faves!

For my friends who prefer to support businesses
that are run by adoption-hearted folks,
I'm thrilled to tell you that Rosi has two beautiful
children adopted internationally.



**(I was not paid or given any discount for the review of this product.
I simply am happy with my purchase and wish to share a great resource with you all.
And I might still be a little delirious, as I'm hearing minions in my head almost daily now.
And yes, I'm very aware that this is a lot of fuss and bother about a little ornament.
Again. I'm a tad delirious. Go with it. It's working for me for now.)




1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Love the ornament! MErry Christmas and a Happy New Year!