Friday, August 2, 2013

New 'Do for Mei Mei

Mei Mei got her first trim since coming home.
Here's what she looked like the week we met her in China.
Ugh... such a bad haircut on such a pretty girl!


 Here's what she looked like this week.
You can't totally see it here but the back lengths
came down to a lovely 80's-looking pointy mullet. 


Even with the bulk of it pulled up in cute little piggies, it was a mop!


She liked the cape.... thought it was pretty funny
to poke her finger up into it and make a little tent.
Not even sure why it was funny but it tickled her fancy.
It did NOT, however, keep her still.
Nothing does that.
Ever.
Even in her sleep.
Heh.


Here's how she looks, all trimmed up and tidy.
Except for the stringy little straggler hanging there in her eye.
It flips over from the back of her head
like a bad comb-over.
No matter what we do to try to control it.


Excuse the smudge of peanut butter on her forehead.
Eating lunch here is a full-contact sport
and we were without the proper protective headgear, apparently!


I got a bit of a new 'do too - unintentionally.
I went in and asked for a just a few highlights to frame my face.
I came out with these shocking white {Seriously. WHITE!} locks.
All over the top, front and sides of my head.
 Sometimes, getting more than you've paid for is not a bargain.
That's all I'll say about that.





1 comment:

Aus said...

"do's" aren't really my thing - I like mine short enough to comb with a washcloth! Now on you ladies - the longer the better - but heh - I don't have to deal with it! ;)

hugs - aus and co.