Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Series Worth Your Time

I have been following this series over at the Love Without Boundaries blog. It's really worth reading. It's hard to read, but it's worth it. It's helping me see again and more clearly (in very real and practical ways) that adoption starts with loss. With great grief. And it makes me ache to find my girl and bring her home.

The highlighted link above is for the most recent in the series. Scroll back in their archives or enter "realistic expectations" in the search bar for the other "Realistic Expectations" posts.

2 comments:

Melissa Renno said...

Thanks so much. These are great! I'm going to print them out for my hubby to read too :-)

Aus said...

Hard - yeah - but important in particular for those new to or working toward adoptions.

Cause - as I'm sure you have experienced - sometimes there will be something that just causes an explosion of grief in our adopted kids - and maybe even melt downs of bibilical porportions - just because there is that beginning.

But like any pain - physical or emotional - time helps us forget how it felt!

nice work - great link - and hugs - aus and co.