Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Snapshot


Ni Hao Yall


Li'l Empress has developed a particular passion as of late.  A passion, that is, for pudgy pink pigs.

(How's that for some fancy dancy alliteration?! Despite my sleep-deprived, caffeine-suppressed state. Pretty darned impressive, I know.)

So, this passion includes stories about pigs. And piggie friends. Songs about pigs. Crawling around the floor on all fours, trying to snort like a pig.  Really. It's mostly very cute and often very funny. Our all-time favorite is when she tells us, in all seriousness, "Mommy,  an I gow up, I wanna be yike a piggy."

(Not so cute is when she tells me that when I grow up, I'm going to be like a hippapanamet.  Yeah. Most days, I already feel like one of them. Ugh.)

Anyway, this weekend, I took the kids to the local elementary school's annual spring festival.  There's another post coming on that topic. But I thought I'd share the two highlights of Li'l Empress's whole day with you for today's Sunday Snapshot.

The first highlight is courtesy of LadyBug. Having a little sister is a huge treat for her at this stage of her life. I mean, she gets to dress herself and Li'l Empress in the most fashion-forward styles of the day. Sometimes more than once a day, even. AAAAAAND, she has an additional real-live head on which to practice a gazillion different hairstyles all weekend long.  Behold, Li'l Empress's first real braids, shaggy and falling out because they all played so hard all day long. I actually couldn't believe that they stuck with one style all day long. They must have been so bored. Heh....


And here's the second, courtesy of the volunteer face-painters at the festival. NONE of whom, I might add, had a "piggy" listed in their portfolio of pictures they could or would paint on little faces. But when Li'l Empress asked so nicely and smiled so sweetly, yet another royal subject fell to her feet and complied. Seriously, this girl has half the youth group doing her bidding at our church. Now she's out to conquer the school community. What am I going to do with her?

Anyway, here is the royal piggy. Painted in cheery pink on her royal highness's kissable cheek.


Don't mind the stink eye she's giving you there. It's really directed at me. Because just before I snapped this shot, I had to inform her that the pudgy pink piggy would likely not survive the Saturday night shower routine. She was royally ticked.

Click over to Sunday Snapshot and join the fun.
I'll come by and visit you if you leave a comment
to tell me you were here :)

No comments: