Monday, April 19, 2010

Proud Momma

My LadyBug is at it again!  She's been growing her gorgeous hair out for several years now and this weekend, she had 10" cut off to donate to Locks of Love.  I'm so proud of how determined she was to keep growing it out until it was long enough.  I also love how determined she was to go forward with the cut even though she got a little nervous about the big change it would mean.  It ended up being a bit shorter than she had originally envisioned, but she stuck to her guns when we measured and marked out where it would fall.

Here's some pictures of the process.  And special shout out to my gal, Jen!  She's been cutting my hair now for almost four years and was the stylist that cut LadyBug's hair the first time she donated.



That's a serious head of hair!


10" brought it to just above the green band.
Daddy couldn't watch!



There it is. Look at all those beautiful colors.
The brothers all kept trying to play with it . . . .



Sooo pretty.


The finished look.
Beautiful inside and out.
And I don't even care if that sounds biased.
Or proud. Cuz I am.

11 comments:

Kelli said...

You should be proud! She's lovely.

Pamela Gold said...

What a selfless act. That says a lot about your parenting mama. She's gorgeous!!

Stefanie said...

You should be proud of her... way to go, Ladybug :)
P.S. the new cut is adorable!

Cindi Campbell said...

She looks beautiful!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love, love, LOVE that she does this! Your daughter's hair truly IS her crowning glory.

Joan said...

That's great! I'm so proud of my girls for donating their 10'' too! I sent them to a really nice salon and they cut it for free. It was a great experience for the girls to go to a place like that, and also have their beautiful black-brown hair donated :)

Your daughter is lucky she had so much left over :) When I had mine cut last summer, I had 2'' of hair all over my head left. Half a year of hair-growing later, it's still shorter than your daughter's hair :)

Chris said...

What a great kid!!!

I love the new 'do'!!!
She looks gorgeous!!

BTW, she has beautiful eyes!!!

Aus said...

Way to go Ladybug - and LOVE the new look!

And GM - I've got to say that all of our oldest 3 (yeah - the two boys included) have donated to locks of love....yeah - the boys too.....sometimes it's hard to be a dad.....

hugs - aus and co.

Trish said...

What a wonderful thing to do! And her new style looks wonderful on her. :)

Beverly said...

OH - so sweet. What a pretty ladybug!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Awesome!!
and the new look is beautiful!!