Tuesday, April 27, 2010

By the Numbers

Here's my Tuesday,
by the numbers so far...
(in no particular order!)


Times Li'l Empress yelled, "NO!" in her sleep?  4 by 4:47 a.m.

Minutes snuggling Li'l Empress in bed while kids start their day?  12

Arguments mediated for middle siblings?  3 before 8 a.m.

Spankings Li'l Empress received for hitting or pinching the diva kitty?  3 (so far. . .)

Time-in's received by Li'l Empress for talking back to me and/or yelling at her brothers?  3


Loads of laundry washed, dried and waiting to be folded?  3

Emails sent to encourage our favorite teachers?  13

Tests proctored for Dr. D's benchmark programs?  2

Cups of oats in today's double batch of cookies?  6

Cups of butter in today's double batch of cookies? 2!

Gifts ordered on-line? 2

Menus planned for the coming month?  11

Taxi mom runs by the end of the day?  5


Naps The Boss has taken today? 3

Minutes alone in the shower, singing along to Lady Antebellum? 12 blissful minutes. Count 'em. 12.

Tulips bloomed and swaying in the breeze?  6 (That's a two-fold yield over last year's blooms!)

Gerbera daisies blooming just outside my front door?  1


Seeing that happy little flower makes
the whole day brighter, doesn't it?!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Oooo! I LOVE the daisy. They are my favorite. :)

Darcy said...

Love the post today! Anxiously awaiting June for our Shasta daisies to bloom!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oooh... a 12 minute shower. You needed that after the morning you had!

And our little friend Red Fish was at CHOP this past week - we just found out tonight.

Amelia Antwiler said...

:-) I'd hate to think what my numbers would look like. LOL I actually used my referee whistle yesterday.

That daisy is beautiful!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

Being a mom is definitely a numbers game!

Aus said...

At least now I know why your cookies are so good!!

just hugs kid -

aus and co.