Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Here! It's Here!

I've been counting down this day since, I don't know, before Christmas. . . The opening of the Winter Olympics is TONIGHT! I haven't been this excited since I found out that all 25 of my immediate family would get to be together for a whole day at the holidays! Seriously, I think the only thing I could be MORE excited about is if my Eagles had made it to the Big Game.

For weeks, I've been teaching Li'l Empress to chant with me. I've been humming the national anthem. I'm tearing up every time I hear the I decided to have an Olympics party. I've been plotting and planning a big international feast for friends and family. Last night, I snuck out of the house and went crazy on red, white and blue STUFF to decorate for tonight's party. I've been overloading on NBC's spotlight features on athletes. Instead of reading blogs and keeping my email up-to-date, I've been poring over news stories of weather conditions, opening ceremony plans, injury reports and so on. (If I've ignored an email and it's important, you should probably attach an Olympics story to it. That will get my attention!)

So, in celebration of the GREATEST. DAY. OF WINTER. (so far . . .), I give you the cutest little speed skating fan I know. Try to contain yourself. And yes, I know I'm brainwashing her. It's one of the perks of parenting, isn't it?! :)

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Apollo Ohno DOES rock. She's a smart girl.

OurheartsbelongtoRachel said...

OMG, that was so cute. I love when Lil'Empress says "yeah baby!"