Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Refresher

Happy Two Year
Blogoversary, to me!

(It was officially on May 17th, but it was also a Sunday. And I was chillin' and recuperating from LadyBug's big 10th birthday girly extravaganza and missed the date. More on that in another post.)

Wow, what a two years it's been! We've re-modeled and re-decorated all but one room and two bathrooms in our house. We've re-landscaped our entire front yard. We're navigating the parenting of not one, but now 2, junior highers with little or no visible scarring. We're surviving the orientation to the tween years with minimal hair pulling (mine). I'm bearing up under the transition of my littlest guy becoming a big boy and being in school all day. The Boss has increased and changed job responsibilities multiple times. And we've added Li'l Empress to our crazy, happy gang. Whew. I'm exhausted :)

I have a lot of new readers in the two years since I started "The Gang's All Here!" A lot has happened in our lives. I've grown and changed and learned. I had this great brainstorm, and thought it'd be fun for you if I were to post some pics of my little gang from May '07 and now, from May '09. So you can see for yourselves how much we've all grown. Except, we didn't have a digital camera in May of 2007. And I since I was practically comatose on the couch most of the day, I didn't capture them on this 17th either. So for the closest I could get, here's some pics of late summer '07. And some recent pics from this April. That'll have to do. Okay with you?! Good, cuz with all the drama and craziness going on around her, it's all I got.


Clockwise, starting at the top left:
Shaggy, Dr. D, LadyBug, and Baby BlueEyes
So little and so sweet!

From left to right:
Dr. D, Baby BlueEyes, Li'l Empress on
Shaggy's lap, and LadyBug
Still so sweet, now more numerous,
and certainly growing up too quickly.

An interesting note of change is that Dr. D is requesting a new bloggy name. He's not all that into animals anymore and thinks that Dr. D (short for Doolittle) is juvenile. I've been thinking on it for a while and might just have to come through for him. He is interested in a huge variety of things and coming up with a name that captures him will be tricky. He's offering all kinds of suggestions, but with his sense of humor, I have to weed through them and their various hidden meanings very, very carefully. He's a witty one and pulls one over on his boring, "in the box" thinking Momma quite easily. Always gotta be "on" with this one!

So, dear readers, thanks for a fantabulistic two years. I've had a great run and I'm already looking forward to where the coming year takes us. I've always got lots going on in this little head of mine to share with you all - finding the time to get it all out of my head is becoming the catch I'm up against daily. Thanks for reading, thanks for coming back and thanks for the friendships!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Happy BLOGOVERSARY!!

You know how I love ya - and your little blog too!

The pictures are adorable...amazing how time flies and we can read it all over the face of our children isn't it?

Looking forward to many more blog posts -- and I want one of them to chronicle your journey south to see me!!!

Love ya
Bev

Kimberly said...

Congratulations and Happy Blogoversary!! I am certainly glad you're part of my blogroll o'faves!

And wow-- how the family has grown and changed in 2 years. Of course, I've shed a tear or two lately because in the past 8 months AK has totally left babyhood behind. She is such a fun toddler, but that baby stage was all too fleeting.

heidi @ ggip said...

Happy Bloggiversary!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on two years. I still can't believe that it has been that long.

I enjoy all of your post so keep on blogging.

Aus said...

Hey - OK - I'm 'under the weather' but I can't pass this one up! WOW - 2 whole years! I'm glad you guys are here - and really enjoy following your lives - I dunno - kinda just feels 'neighborly'!

Oh and as for Dr. D - I always thought it was more like a 'rapper handle' and didn't make the dolittle connection, but yeah....pick carefully!

and keep on keepin on!

hugs - aus and co.

JMCS said...

Happy 2 year blogiversary sweetie and I just loved the beauiful pics of your family. Thank you for being such a good friend and sharing your life with us.

Hugs,
Jonni