Friday, September 5, 2008

Packing Has Begun

After weeks of compiling, organizing, and purging packing lists, I am happy to report that packing has actually really started! I finished my shopping list last night. If I don't step foot in my local W*lmart, C V S, Rit% *id, W*lgreens, Doll*r Store, and T*rget for the next month, that's good with me. The last thing I needed was a "back up" supply of formula in a small size. No easy task, as not many places had the Carnation Good Start stage 2 in small cans. Special thanks to my bloggy friend Heidi, over at God's Grace In Practice, though. She sent me coupons and I scored a $12.49 can of it for only $1.49. Thank you, Heidi!

My BFF and I spent last Friday night counting over the counter meds and packaging them down into travel containers. I even got my label machine out to help us keep it all straight. I know, I know, I'm such a geek. Here's a peek at how geeks pack for 16 day trips to faraway lands:

Here's a picture of Packing Central, aka Aidan's room. (By the way, we are still working on a blog name for her, but it's pretty low on the priority list right now!)


Imagine my delight when my SaryFairy niece and I went to the dollar store and found these little gems. As long as I find something closely resembling strong black coffee while I travel, I am now good to go. One will go in the checked luggage, and one is for my carry-on. Just in case, ya know?! It's not sugar- free, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to make it through the day.



12 comments:

Mariann said...

Do you plan on using a new bar of soap everyday you're gone??? LOL.

BuzzKnitter said...

you truly are one of the most organized people i've ever met! love the coffee creamer!! lol

heidi @ ggip said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you could use them. You are right that those Nestle formulas often come in big cans, not little ones.

I am jealous of the label maker.

I can't believe you are going to pick up your daughter in just a few days now! What are we going to do without getting any updates!

The Gang's Momma! said...

At Mervy: the soap bars and body wash are to make up gift bags for all the guides and facilitators who will be helping us thru the process. All Donated!!!! PTL. Most of our gifts for giving were donated :)

Chapter Two said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to learn of your travel dates and happy packing. These are special days.
I can't wait to read about your travels, your first meeting with Aiden and all. Are you going to try to update your blog in China? My cousin did that but they also lugged a laptop with them.
Many blessings!

Salzwedel Family said...

Excitement (and chaos) is in the air! Praying for you as you prepare to travel to meet your sweet girl.

Becki said...

They actually have great coffee in the hotel rooms and the hotels that we were at, which are the most popular, offer the best coffee on their free breakfast buffet, which mind you is enough for a king.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How AWESOME that your family is manifesting God's love for His children through your adoption of this little one in China!

I will pray for a successful journey for you.

Blessings,
Miss F, Shaggy's English teacher

Wife of the Pres. said...

Cracking up over here and I just spent $200 at W*@*#rt. Most of it for the trip--we don't get out much! LOL! Seriously. I am taking stuff out of the packaging but that intl. convertor is staying put. If I don't need it, it is going back!!! And what is up with neck pillows--I hope we use those things! Like I said, we did not have any of that stuff. BTW, you aren't flying through O'Hare are you;)??? If so, let me know via PM over at RQ. Maybe on the same flight!!!

Oh and I am going to get to that post but i'll give you a hint. *THEY* are at the top of my blog. :))

Anonymous said...

leave it to someone in your house to have to have coffee creamer for a majorly bigly important trip. Hey, it's the little comforts of home that make a girl happy

Mike and Barb said...

Excited to follow your trip (okay, outing myself here as blog-lurker :-)) )
Make sure your coffee creamer meets "liquids regulations for your carry-on (3oz or smaller), otherwise you are going to lose it!
Safe travels, and many blessings

Barb