Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Consulate Appointment

We are thrilled to announce that our consulate appointment has been set and confirmed for Thursday, Sept. 25th!!!!!!!!!! We will leave home on Sept. 11th and most likely have our long-anticipated Gotcha Day on Sept. 15th. We will return to our other four children and begin our new chapter of life together on Sept. 27th.

It's certainly a mixed bag of emotions around here this morning! Just after we got that exciting phone call of confirmation, The Boss and I herded LadyBug and Baby BlueEyes out the door for their first day of school. There were some tears (both adults) and some jittery nerves (both kids) and lots of smiles and hugs all around. I tried really hard not to let BBE see me cry. I wanted him to really enjoy his excitement and joy at FINALLY being able to ride the bus with his sister. But I totally lost it when I saw the two of them sit down together on the bus and I noticed he had tears in his eyes.

Ten minutes later, I met them over at their school for the Opening Day ceremonies. I got to introduce them to their teachers, show off Aidan's picture, and visit with a couple mommies who've been following our journey. It was a good start to what could have been an incredibly emotional morning. But I know that My Father knows me and what I can handle. So I suspect that He timed the phone call at exactly the right moment, to keep me from sinking into sadness and despair at being home alone all morning. By myself, for the first time in 14 years. Yes, I said 14!

After a mini-shopping therapy session at my local K*hl's, I headed off for a good work-out. I only have a week left before I put my membership at my gym "on hold" for this season of change. I'm hoping that all the strength training has prepped me well for carrying and caring for a one year old! It's been a long time since I chased a new walker around the house . . . .

So, that's our first day of school so far. I'm a little sad, a little excited, a lot sweaty, and even more hungry. I'm off to fix those last two conditions - I can't stand myself anymore right now!

12 comments:

Mariann said...

YEAH!

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise God! I am so happy you received this news.

heidi @ ggip said...

We have our first day of preschool tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't lose it. I've warned DH to be able to go into work late so he can keep me cool.

So much excitement all at one!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you guys, and you will be in our prayers (our family and our church) that you have safe travels, a smooth appointment, and a healthy (and quick) attachment with your baby girl.
i know i'm a ways away, but please let me know if there's anything i can do for you guys!!
hugs,
holly

Becki said...

I am so excited for you. We left on the 15th and Gotcha Day was the 17th. We are close.
Congratulations!

Kateri said...

UMMMM....THAT'S. NEXT. THURSDAY!!! YOU LEAVE FOR CHINA NEXT THURSDAY!!! OH. MY. GOSH. It's here and it's so unreal. This must be feeling so surreal for you and The Gang.
I keep forgetting to ask...you are taking your laptop, right? If not, I'm headed to you this weekend with mine. I won't survive without regular Gang updates from China.
Ok, so how are you doing?? ARE YOU EXCITED?? I know that you must have such mixed emotions right now. It's so hard leaving your other babies, but oh so worth it in the end.
Talk to me soon!!! I am so excited For you!!!
Love ya

Melissa said...

God's timing is so good, isn't it??!

You won't be home alone during the day for much longer!

I'm feeling your pain....now that we have begun our second week of school, the newness is rubbing off and #3 said it is very boring. She told me very matter of fact that she is not going back (ha!).

April Isaacs said...

I am so excited for you!! Yea!!! I would love it if we could meet up! 36 hours... now I am starting to go a little crazy!!

I just want to stop planning and talking about it! I just want to go!

It won't be long!

Julie said...

What wonderful news!!

Joy said...

I am so excited for you. I have been following your blog, but this is my first comment. We are also Living Hope parents with LID of March 12, 2008. We have the paperwork now to submit for SN adoption, but are still doing research.
We will pray for you to have a safe trip and a wonderful time in China.
The Weaver family

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you finally got word and that you got the earlier appointment! Praying that all the preparation goes smoothly. If you need anything let me know!
Betsy

JMCS said...

So exciting, it is just right around the corner!!!!!!!!