Monday, June 30, 2008

The Things We Know

Thank you, friends, for the generous prayers and support. I've taken some of your comments and words of encouragement and posted them throughout my house, to remind me and my family that we are loved and that His Word is true and right. We still have no answers, but are coming to a place where we can accept that. He is really the only answer we need, and everything we KNOW about Him and His ways keeps washing over our hearts and minds. Here's just a sampling of the things that we KNOW. The things that we are trusting Him to work out, and to work in us, to His glory. The things we KNOW we can stand on.

"And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:4-6

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah

Psalm 46: 1-3

6 comments:

Trish said...

I'm just reading your news and am very sad for your disappointment. I pray that the Lord will continue to pour out His presence on you and the rest of the family.

Mariann said...

Good Words!

heidi @ ggip said...

I hope you will be blessed by this knowledge, as I am.

Salzwedel Family said...

We can take comfort in all of these things. Praying for your family...

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you and our family.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. (Isa 43:2)

Beverly said...

Those are wonderful words to cling to. I know that God will carry you and your family through this tough time.

Beverly @ happy in the moment