Monday, June 2, 2008

Snapshot in Time

After a brief verbal tussel with Shaggy, which Baby Blue Eyes watched
with concern and wonder, this is the conversation I had with BBE.

BBE: "Mommy, why didn't Shaggy want you to take his picture?"

Mommy: "Well, Shaggy doesn't really like to draw any attention to himself, and he didn't like Mommy and Daddy making a fuss over him."

BBE: "Why was Daddy mad at him?"

Mommy: "Shaggy was kinda rude to Mommy and Daddy and hurt our feelings with the way he acted. Thirteen year olds sometimes forget that Mommies and Daddies have feelings too."

BBE: "Well, when I'm sirt-teen and in 8th gwade, I'm not gonna complain and say it's dumb. I'm gonna be pleasant. Cuz I'm always pleasant and nice to my paywents."

Mommy: "Okay BBE. Can I get that in writing from you? Cuz I'd really like to remind you of that when you are 13!"

BBE: "Yeah. Sure!"

You heard it here.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Maybe you should tape record it so there is no mistake later about what was said. :)

Salzwedel Family said...

I'll vouch for you when necessary! That was cute.

heidi @ ggip said...

You are one savvy mom!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Is this binding contractually??

Oh - the celebrity crush is a hoot. Have I been stuck in my bloglines for too long?? Mine would have to be Vin Diesel. Don't ask. Don't know why.