Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Vacation Wrap Up

Yesterday we wrapped up our first ten day vacation in I-can't-remember-when. After a crazy rush of June and July with family, friends, work, church and other activities, it was a welcome change of pace. And boy, did we change pace! Here's a few highlights of the past week and a half:
  • Hanging out all day with Don't Stop This Car - the whole carload of 'em!
  • 4 days of laying around the family cabin, rotating between lounge chairs, the hot tub and the couch!
  • Hanging out at night, talking and laughing with my parents till late, late
  • Shaggy and Dr. Doolittle's first experiences with tubing behind Grandpa's boat
  • LadyBug and Baby Blue Eyes catching so many little fishies off the dock
  • Visiting Oak Hill Farms Bulk Foods store (an annual tradition we all have come to love!)
  • Lots of sleeping in, cat naps, and reading in between - at the cabin and at home
  • Working out at Curves in Penn Yan - I still love mine best . . .
  • Pizza, swimming and hot tubbing with friends
  • Skipping church to hang out together over a late morning pancake breakfast
  • Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ - loved the seals! And don't even get me started on the turtles and sharks!
  • The Boss puttering around the yard and the pool area - apparently he got a lot of little chores crossed off his "To Do" list
Today, life goes back to "normal" for our summer days. The Boss went to work, the gang all got up and started their weekly jobs and I worked out bright and early. I even dragged my sorry self to Weight Watchers, knowing it wouldn't be good news. But it had to be done. It wasn't good news. This week, I begin re-training the kids to go to bed at a decent hour and get up at a decent hour. And I start looking for ways to hold the coming of fall at bay, making our days slower and longer to squeeze out the last possible ounces of summer as I go! I'm so glad we have one more vacation week planned before the summer sun sets . . . .

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation!

This Journey of Mine said...

Sounds peaceful, productive, fun, and adventurous, all in 10 days! I so glad that you were all able to have such a wonderful respite!

Blessings as you get back into the grind!!

PS - email me, I was wondering what you are going to use for a curriculm for BBE for kindergarten this year!

Anonymous said...

Is BBE already in kindergarten?! I'm feeling a bit sad to see summer leaving, too. And all the craziness begin.